Today I’ve learned how to prepare the traditional Paella Valenciana. Toñi, from Valencia with the help of Miguel, her fiancé, showed us how to cook it.
The cooking simplicity, the quality of the humble ingredients and the correct use of time, helps to create a fantastic and tasty rice dish.
Number of Servings 8
- 800 gr. rice
- 1 chicken cut into eighths
- 1 rabbit cut in eighths
- 3 ripe chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- saffron 4-5 threads
- 200 gr. green beans
- 100 gr. butter beans
- a rosemary branch
- In a paellera, place some oil in the middle and add the salt, the chicken and the rabbit. Fry the meat until dark golden.
- Add the green beans in the middle of the meat and sauté for some minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sweet paprika and sauté some seconds, and add the water. Cover well all the ingredients and cook it for 40-45 minutes. Must be always covered in water.
- Add the rice and the rosemary.
- After 5 minutes remove the rosemary.
- The rice needs 20 minutes to be ready.
- Once out of the fire, must rest 5-10 minutes covered with newspapers.
Carry out the cooking at high heat except the last 15 minutes which is better do it at medium heat.
Really simply and yummy.
The meat must be deep fried… Golden and juicy
Fotos: Guillermo Aldunate