Ajoblanco or ajo blanco is a popular Spanish cold soup typical from Granada and Málaga. This dish is made of bread, almonds, garlic, water, olive oil, salt and vinegar.
In that version I add some sour apple to add an extra fresh touch.
Number of Servings 4-6
- 100 gr. blanched almonds
- 1 bunch of breadcrumbs. Better if it’s from 2 or 3 days before
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 table spoon of arbequina olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- Blanch the almonds in boiling water and peel them.
- Put the bread in water to soften it.
- In the blender glass, add the almonds, bread crumbs and the garlic cloves, add some salt grains. blend until smooth
- Slowly pour in the olive oil until a smooth paste is formed.
- In a dish, add water and vinegar and process until the mixture is thin and smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Add the apple cut in “brunoise”.
- Serve cold (you can also add green grapes or mint)
A simple and very refreshing summer dish perfect as a starter.